Specialized Programming and Supportive Assistance
Our Memory and Alzheimer Care services include:
- Compassionate care from our Dementia-Certified staff, to identify and meet the unique needs of each individual.
- Specialized, small-group programming that encourages cognitive, emotional, physical, and social engagement.
- A high level of support to decrease wandering, exit seeking and anxiety.
- Assistance with dressing, bathing and general activities of daily life, to promote a sense of comfort and security.
- Mealtime in a small, intimate dining area, with support and socialization.
Our lounges have been transformed to support both relaxation and healthful activity. We also offer aromatherapy, soothing tactile stimulation, guided meditation, massage, and other relaxation activities as needed.
Involving Family Members in Planning
We work with family members to develop an individualized care plan for each resident, addressing each stage of a person’s condition. We build trusting relationships between Memory Care residents and caregivers. Keeping in mind what has been important in our residents’ lives, we provide a structured routine in which they feel safe and comfortable.
Everything we do in Memory Care is designed to support the four “Pillars of Engagement”: cognitive, emotional, physical and social well-being.
Research Shows Encouraging Outcomes
Every resident’s condition is unique. But research into the effects of positive Memory Care programs, like Mayo’s, shows that outcomes can be encouraging — with higher levels of independence, social interaction and happiness, lower risk of injury, and less need for medication.